SexyChocobos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SexyChocobos

Forums for the Clan SexyChocobos

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Just for anyone browsing the forums
Feel free to post your thoughts and criticisms
We're always wanting to know, how to help everyone out
Also to get everyone else, to join the forums for fun!
Top posters
BlueChocobo (104)
Noting Random Things Vote_lcapNoting Random Things Voting_barNoting Random Things Vote_rcap 
DarkGun143 (102)
Noting Random Things Vote_lcapNoting Random Things Voting_barNoting Random Things Vote_rcap 
Choogis (38)
Rimey (34)
Fern (17)
RedSylvaer (12)
dr666corpse (5)
CrazyNub21 (3)
DrkDragonz66 (2)
Mclinsky (1)
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 58 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:12 pm
Latest topics
» Reply to this thread since everyone got kicked in the Clan
Noting Random Things Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 12:06 am by Rimey

» Mclinsky : DrChrist
Noting Random Things Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 10:18 pm by Mclinsky

» Woo Event Gains! :P
Noting Random Things Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 2:21 am by DarkGun143

» ZeroExalted and teh Hall Of Fame.
Noting Random Things Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:15 pm by DrkDragonz66

» Steam
Noting Random Things Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:04 pm by Rimey

» Medals & Achievements
Noting Random Things Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:24 pm by DarkGun143

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Noting Random Things

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BlueChocobo
Admin
Admin
BlueChocobo

Noting Random Things Empty
PostSubject: Noting Random Things   Noting Random Things Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 6:07 am

Just out of boredom and obviously talking, with our other admin + site owner (Dark). I got bored after reading an article here and of course, decided to actually compare myself to normal standards.

Anyone can do it anytime, but for anyone curious: My Profile

Decided to compare how well I was, and if I often "rage quit" and to me it seems rather low. Basically from dividing my matches, by my forfeit count. It counts to about every 11 matches, I'd rage quit at some point. Seems low considering how much, I actually played for the time spent on CA. In a year I'm 1st Lt? Shocked

Pretty darn good IMO. Also noted that there's 7 maps in all, not marked on our profiles. Including the 2 recent Fireteam maps of course. I wonder when those will be added, since of course we DO play them at points. I think my Desert Fox would greatly outweigh my lesser played maps. At about 400 matches, nearly 100 clears yea that's a lot really. Rolling Eyes

Maps not listed? Here's the list: Vertigo, Sector 25, Dredge, Dark Forest, Ghost Town, Black Lung and of course Desert Fox. (Not listed in release order, just from memory) I'll be happy if Nexon gets adding those, so I can actually compare my actual Fireteam playing to normal matches. Razz
Back to top Go down
Fern

PostSubject: Re: Noting Random Things   Noting Random Things Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:31 am

God if S25 gets added my KC % will drop like an anchor.. ;P ;o! i should make a dysig generator! ;o!
Back to top Go down
http://combatarms.wikia.com
BlueChocobo
Admin
Admin
BlueChocobo

PostSubject: Re: Noting Random Things   Noting Random Things Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:34 am

Fern wrote:
God if S25 gets added my KC % will drop like an anchor.. ;P ;o! i should make a dysig generator! ;o!

I guess so there Fern. Me personally my main maps, will show more decreasing also. Main maps have been Snow Valley and Waverider, and of course I'm absolutely meh at S25 really. That and I mostly love Waverider, since I played it since 2008 and known it's layout well. 😉

Knowing my luck though, I'll possibly try getting into more maps over time. KC is kinda my lowest, in terms of actually being good. Then again I don't recommend, messing with certain things. I ended up doing like 1-9 before I quit, being how impossible the match was. Laughing

Only reason I love Snow so much, is it's the only map with really multiple spawn locations. Not the whole 3 spawn locations, in the same general area. Just literally spots where you can spawn, around the entire map which is nice. No maps really seem possible, in terms of supporting that either.

One reason I'd gladly support, the options of having a huge map for such things. SV has been the only one, and no other new maps offer that kind of fun IMO. Cool
Back to top Go down
Fern

PostSubject: Re: Noting Random Things   Noting Random Things Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 6:40 pm

Good point on the spawn locations. I never really realized that.
Back to top Go down
http://combatarms.wikia.com
BlueChocobo
Admin
Admin
BlueChocobo

PostSubject: Re: Noting Random Things   Noting Random Things Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 12:35 am

Fern wrote:
Good point on the spawn locations. I never really realized that.

Well I look at maps, and how spawn points work. Usually playing both sides enough, I judge which side usually has a better advantage. Depending of course, how certain variables per map work.

Ghost Town to me seems kinda balanced in some regards. Alpha has 2 spawn locations, both are out of direct line of sight. Not to mention being along the sides, they can go down different paths. Also you can mine the stairs, and go upstairs to snipe everyone. In terms of the Bravo spawn, soon as you spawn it's pretty much a clear line of sight in the main road.

Either you take the stairs, and rush up the stairs into the building (left), or up the stairs and to the right. Either way to take you out of, just general main view but not protected (left) from snipers of course. Or those who can ambush from behind. Also if you go around the building, you have to be careful of snipers (opposing building/center area) watching for you.

So it's kinda an Alpha-sided victory to me, as they have various locations to pick off players from. Unless of course you're good at escaping the spawn point, and actually rushing into their base to ambush them. I know not everything was listed, for vantage points but it's a good starting.

As I seen though, Snow Valley kinda has a mixed map. Alpha has the side (near the hill), behind the house (along the straight path), the center of the map (between path/tower) and of course above the underground.

Bravo has the back corner spawn (leading to underground), opposing open field (self-explanatory), stairs near the tower (also self-explanatory) and of course a center focal point. Which is open to 3 areas (left, straight and right) of attack, usually people wait in ambush around corners.

Underground is a pretty confusing maze to many, but after playing long enough you learn it fast. From the Bravo spawn entrance, you can go up the stairs near the sandbags. Also you can come out near the center. Along with also while following the winding path, you can see the center (silo opening) and any overhead attackers. From there you have a path into the Alpha spawn, which where many people usually lay traps. That's not to say people don't lay traps, at any other door locations but still.

I just see all this in my mind, and so just generally I can path out things. Depending where I need to go, what in-case someone gets ambushed and so on. Overall I've learned a lot of strange layout patterns, but mostly Waverider/Snow Valley have become my best known. Cool
Back to top Go down

Noting Random Things
Page 1 of 1